Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween (Dona)

halloween
I thought I had pretty standard Halloweens. Then I started talking about them with everyone here.



I mentioned the Christmas Halloween party where Chris already had his tree up so we strung popcorn balls up on the tree. "A what?" A Christmas Halloween party. "In October?" Uh-huh, the 31st. 1996 or 97.



No, that wasn't a common one apparently. Okay, when I was really little, I had a shiny, metallic orange bag to put candy in. We went trick or treating starting in the day, first stop the bank my parents banked at and then on through the neighborhood. So I mentioning how great it was and the toys and the candy --



"Toys?"



Uh-huh.



Didn't they give out toys in your neighborhood?



Apparently not.



But we had toys handed out. Skeletons. Pumpkin heads. Frankenstein heads. You could plop the heads off of your dolls and put pumpkins heads on them.



And what kind of candy?



Looking at the still envious faces, I decided to just stick with, "Oh, you know, candy."



And I'm thinking, "I want to go to the Halloween store."



I really don't see Halloween as a kid's holiday and am as excited about this year as any other. Last year, I went as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I not only loved my costume, I love all the photos of that party.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }