Sunday, March 18, 2012

A note to our readers

Hey --
Another Sunday.

First up, we thank all who participated this edition which includes Dallas and the following:

The Third Estate Sunday Review's Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess and Ava,
Rebecca of Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude,
Betty of Thomas Friedman Is a Great Man,
C.I. of The Common Ills and The Third Estate Sunday Review,
Kat of Kat's Korner (of The Common Ills),
Mike of Mikey Likes It!,
Elaine of Like Maria Said Paz),
Cedric of Cedric's Big Mix,
Ruth of Ruth's Report,
Wally of The Daily Jot,
Trina of Trina's Kitchen,
Marcia of SICKOFITRDLZ,
Stan of Oh Boy It Never Ends,
Isaiah of The World Today Just Nuts,
and Ann of Ann's Mega Dub.


What did we come up with?

Cindy Sheehan.
Glen Ford.

We had another piece planned that would have gone great with this. But maybe next week. A number of people were under the weather (C.I., Mike, Wally and Ava) so we'll take what we got.

Ashley Judd has a new TV show. It'll run for 10 episodes on ABC this season and hopefully be back next fall. Even I (Jim) love the show and I'm not big on TV these days. (More due to being a Daddy than to the quality of TV.) So if you missed last Thursday's debut, make a point to stream it online. And I really love this piece Ava and C.I. wrote. But I'll digress a bit to tell you a little story here. Ava and C.I. hated Prime Suspect. 'Duh,' you say, 'I read this and saw it.' No, they hated it before it aired. They got two episodes before the fall season started and were asked to push the show if they liked it. They called it Dirty Mary and found it disgusting. They called it many things. Week in and week out. They could have done the most hilarious take down of the show. And they refused to. They only mention it now because the show is dead. I am going to try to get them to revisit Prime Suspect because they have so much more to offer about why that show failed. We'll see if I have any luck.

Ava and C.I. are the ones. Not NOW, not Feminist Majority, not any of the do-me feminists. Ava and C.I. call out what needs to be called out. No one else noted the way PBS decided only men could make judgments during their DNC and RNC coverage. Ava and C.I. called it out. Soon PBS will be covering conventions again. Will women be invited on to share opinions? It'll be interesting to see -- just as interesting as it was to see Ava and C.I. do all the heavy lifting on this topic in 2008.

We planned this one awhile back.

We're not John McCain fans. We are fans of accountability.

We're not promising that we'll do this next week. But we are glad so many readers enjoyed this last week.

A brief roundtable. Ava and C.I. don't speak. By choice. They felt like s**t and motioned to Dona half-way in that they weren't speaking. They did take all the notes for this transcript piece.

Jill Stein is running for the Green Party's presidential nomination.

Amnesty International.

Repost of Workers World.

Mike and the gang wrote this and we thank them for it.



Peace.

-- Jim, Dona, Ty, Jess, Ava and C.I.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }