Monday, November 13, 2017

George Takei confessed to assault weeks ago to Howard Stern

As Stan noted, Friday actor George Takei was accused of assault.  A man years younger saw the aged Takei as a friend and fount of elder wisdom.  He sought advice from Takei following a break up.  Here's where it gets tricky for Takei.  The man then passes out (drugged?) and comes to with Takei undressing him and trying to force himself on the man.

Takei denied the accusations the following day.


Friends, I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Bruton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them. /1

Replying to 
The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. /2

Replying to 
But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment. /3

Replying to 
Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful. /4




Painful?  Antithetical to your values?

As Rebecca Lewis (METRO UK) notes:

During a conversation with shock jock Howard Stern, Takei, who appeared in the original Star Trek series, was asked: ‘Did you ever grab anyone by the cock against their will?’ 
He remained silent and after being pushed on the question, laughed before suggesting that ‘some people are kind of… umm… skittish’. ‘Oh maybe… um… afraid and you’re trying to persuade…’ he added. 
‘What are you saying, George? You’ve never held a job over someone if they didn’t touch your cock…’ replied Stern and Takei was quick to add that it was never an incident in work, adding: ‘No, I never did that.’ 
‘No, it wasn’t at work,’ he clarified. ‘It was either in my home – he came to my home.’


And we're supposed to believe his Saturday claim to innocence?






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
 
Poll1 { display:none; }